Discuss Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old builders banding is great for lots of situations. Not for flues tho and not really for soil pipes

Good old builders banding is great for lots of situations. Not for flues tho and not really for soil pipes

AW why not waste pipes ?

The clipstrap i carry in the van certainly wouldnt snap as you struggle to cut with snips sometimes ,

Euro-clips, studding cut to length, nuts 'n feet are good. Lots of other ways to susped from rsj's, steel framed buildings etc. but sometimes there is a need for strapping.

AW why not waste pipes ?

it could be used if done correctly, remembering that plastic waste needs to expand alittle. what i tend to see is a 110mm pipe wedged against a wall banded back which is really poor and lazy, using the correct clips is much better ensuring correct spacing and loadings on the fittings.

i use it often myself, normaly i put some lagging between it and any pipework, its great for lagged pipework resting on roof timbers or under ground floor joists etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strapping pipe clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock