Discuss Storage combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

for me if you have the space for it yes they are about twice the size in in depth and slightly wider, also the viesmann has a great weather compensation system for the price of a sensor approx £35.00

Yeah I've came accross a few. My parents had an old cast iron main, furred up that bad they was getting around 9 - 10 litres a min of flow. New main put in and now getting 22, massive difference.

4 bed (but a small 4 bed, size of a usual 3 bed I’d say), one bathroom with shower over the bath, possibility of adding an en suite in future but I imagine everyone will want to use the ‘proper’ shower cubicle then and the shower over the bath will be more or less redundant.

You could fit a large combi but not ideal really. The veismann May be a better option as it has a much bigger store. Personally I would try and fit an unvented cylinder if you can find space somewhere.

Thank you, I'm still trying to get my head around how the storage combi works to be honest. Once the inbuilt tank is depleted it switches to a 'normal' combi, but what if the water in the tank is not up to temp for some reason - it bypasses it? It's only a 46l tank but it says its the equivalent of a 150l unvented - is that because of mixing with cold water? Just trying to understand it.

Reply to Storage combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do gas fired storage combi boilers store the water at high temperatures like say 75C? and if so do they have a internal TMV?. when the storage...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new to this forum so forgive me if I add this to the wrong place. I have purchased a 2 storeys property which will be converted to an...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock