Discuss Storage combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I'm looking for opinions on storage combi boilers - particularly the viessmann 111-w. We currently have a gravity fed system but the space where the cylinder is is needed for internal renovations. Would this be a good solution - ie better than a standard combi in terms of hot water provision? We do have space for the boiler itself (I understand it is larger than standard combis).

Mains was measured at 20lpm at the outside tap. Currently have one bathroom with shower over the bath (power shower - I understand this will have to go). Will be potentially adding an en suite in future but I expect the shower over the bath will become redundant if we do. Main requirements at the moment are to free up space where the cylinder is and to ensure we still get a decent (as in good pressure) hot shower over the bath. But I've never lived in a house with a combi before so I'm a bit concerned about all the negatives I've read (drop in pressure when a tap turned etc).

You will need static and dynamic pressure and flow this will ascertain If you have the capability when more than one outlet is open. If you have any ideals to run more than one good shower or a shower and the bath at the same time then I wouldn’t look at a combi

Reply to Storage combi boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Do gas fired storage combi boilers store the water at high temperatures like say 75C? and if so do they have a internal TMV?. when the storage...
Replies
Views
Home owner looking for some advice pls. We have a megaflow system which we are considering removing as the tank takes up a lot of space and we...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4...
Replies
Views
Hi I am new to this forum so forgive me if I add this to the wrong place. I have purchased a 2 storeys property which will be converted to an...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock