Search the forum,

Discuss Stainless steel sink install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all.
I don't normally fit these sinks but recently been doing them on a council job. The sinks are supplied with the rubber strip that goes underneath the edges. Do you lot bother using the rubber/sponge strip or just silicone? What do you treat the edges of the work top with on the cut out? Silicone? PVA?

Treat cut out with any waterproofing substance to stop moisture ingress. PVA, waterstop, varnish, bitumin based primer. And I personally use the little foam strip under the sink rim, and then finish off with a bead of clear silicone around the rim where it meets worktop. Finishes it off nicely and ensures waterproof seal and no blown worktop

You can use either ova or silicone, I would use silicone as it's more obvious once dried if anyone checks for it. I use the foam strip all the time even though it is then mastic'd in aswell.

Never used the foam strip, just stick em in and seal with the same silicone .

Foam strip or silicone,
or both just keep the silicone neat

as for sealing pva usually silicone will work but its messy&expensive vs pva

Sealing the worktop is the joiners job. If it swells up it's not my problem but it won't as i stick it down with silicone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless steel sink install? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one washer in which the instructions clearly state that it should be placed underneath the sink. My question is, shouldn't there be a washer between the...
Replies
Views
Me again. This turning out to be a nightmare from hell this bathroom. Your help do far has been invaluable. So, the next issue is one that I may not be able to explain very well. The pictures may not help either. Just installing the the Mcalpine bath trap and outlet. I needed it because it...
Replies
Views
New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I spotted yday foam (from shampoo/shower gel) escaping from underneath the shower tray, out the sides of the waste. I never really liked the initial seal...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I bought this 1500mm X 800mm X 30mm grey slate shower tray. https://www.sonasbathrooms.com/en/slate-1500-x-800-shower-tray-black-with-free-shower-waste.html It will be installed on a raised bed of 2.5 inch concrete blocks, and I might put a sheet of 18mm Marine Plywood on top of...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or tape. The shower tray will be against an external concrete wall which I will insulate and put some Hardie Backer Board on. My question is, does the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock