Search the forum,

Discuss Foam leak from underneath shower tray in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I spotted yday foam (from shampoo/shower gel) escaping from underneath the shower tray, out the sides of the waste.

I never really liked the initial seal as was just a loose rubber ring on the trap that you screw tight from the tray side to make a seal.

Now after 2-3 weeks of my wife and I using it with no leak, it's worth adding that this only happened when my 18yr old son came to visit and like most teenagers likes to go through their entire thoughts in the shower, ignorant to the current energy crisis. And also no water was leaking, just foam being pushed out where he likes to go through a litre of shower gel per shower šŸ˜‚

That all said, aside from him changing his ways, what is the best way to improve the seal, can I add silicone to the top of the rubber ring so that when I screw it to the trap it compress and adds additional layer of seal?

Reply to Foam leak from underneath shower tray in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in the middle. It's on a concrete base that was unevenly screeded over. The gap will likely be under 10mm. It has not yet been tanked or tiled but would...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi all Plumber who fitted shower frame didnt put sealent behind frame to tray before fitting frame. Now leaks when water gets into frame and down into downstairs wall Another plumber has sealed inside area whwre it is shown yellow , which i get is not ideal. i was going to just seal a thin...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock