Search the forum,

Discuss St John's College, Cambridge is looking for a Plumbing and Heating Engineer. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they would pay travel expenses.

would be a very easy job though site based with no question on materials holidays pension and cheap on site canteen

Joking aside. It'd probably suit a guy maybe who wanted to wind down a bit. Installs and working sites are usually a younger mans sport.
In that job ye'd just go in do your bit.

would be a very easy job though site based with no question on materials holidays pension and cheap on site canteen

If it`s anything like the Oxford colleges I`ve seen then not always easy. Some of those pipes go way back to the beginning of time, no plans showing pipe runs, 3ft thick walls, all the old boy`s who knew what ran where long retired and most likely long delays in decision making coupled with people with little knowledge ordering the wrong things not to mention all the long walks from A to B and back again. No thanks!

I know a guy who works in plumbing maintainance at a university in Leeds. He might do the odd tap change, bog seat and leak. But all installs are done by outside contractors. He has to do 10 jobs a day and these include checking stuff? So check 5 tmv's and its lunch time!

Would probably suit me in 10 years time when everthing I paid off and the body's given up.

dont see why they need a domestic gas safe q tho as it will be defo commercial :D

All private schools I've worked at have hap plumbers on the books never do anything too strenuous, installs and any awkward jobs all get sub'd out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to St John's College, Cambridge is looking for a Plumbing and Heating Engineer. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello to everyone.Im a newbie here. plumbing & heating+GSR engineer.
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock