Search the forum,

Discuss Solar panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

franky

Right just read most of the thread on easy mcs accreditation and basically it confused the what sits out of me.
This is what I was going to go on before all that stuff came up Vaillant » BPEC Solar DHW course
Ignore the price its less then that, but is this a good way of getting into solar or a waste of time.
Do you have to go though mcs or whats the story
Thanks guys

I plan on going on the solar course sometime in the near future, doubt I'll be going down the MCS route though

Do you know much about it? I know sod all at the mo just want to have the qualifications like I have with gas safe so that if a customer looks up the nearest person who can install I'll come up that sort of thing you know.

dont know much about it only know about the technology and i want to install them lol seems like there would be good money in it but the MCS part is putting me off, will need to find a loop hole somewhere like can you get an MCS company to sign it off ?

Your from Scotland you need sun first to work with solar anyway lol

ohh i thought that aswell but it does work even in cloudy conditions

I'm only messing but seriously though what sort of course do you think you'll do?

theres a BPEC one at my local college which has viessman models I've seen the workshop and they have everything set up including a mock roof, so will probably go for that think its just under £300

I did the BPEC Heat pump course at Telford in Edinburgh. It was ok and its MCS accredited if I continue down that route. My mate is doing the solar PV which is what everyone seems to be jumping on these days.

Yeah I can see why though because you get some about £800 a year back off the grid if you go down the PV route but thought that was more suited to sparks. So is there any benefits of going down the MCS route

There's a lot of hoops to jump through and it costs a bit. Ive registered but not had any inspection as yet (and not had jobs either so i don't know how I'm going to get it!) There's a lot of discussion in the renewables forum some for, some against.

Hi guys I am totaly against MCS accreditation but I am totally for proper trainning, and not just a one or two day course which basically is for people who want to get a qualification, My reasons as I have stated for hating MCS is there are too many loopholes for companies to make big money with poorly trained fitters and I use the term fitters because that is all they are, to exploit the loopholes, Whereas the oneman bands continue to suffer in this depressed economy we have to pay through the nose to be gas safe, oftec, and heatas, the industry is being splintered beyond repair at the moment and it comes to something when you see a van driving down the road being gas safe, general building and garden clearance but I have seen this and I am discusseted by it
Also my experiance of dealing with a QMS system makes absolutley no difference to the way I install a system but does make a difference to how much I have to charge

I agree with your principles Unguided1 and I despise paying for the MCS but without it I cant see anyone using me to install anything as without government money there's no incentive to install these technologies. The sad thing is, once the funding is away then MCS will be redundant, unless the big boys pressure the govmnt into keeping it going, which if it happens will make me seriously consider hanging up my boots. I pay enough to Gas Safe, Public liability, van, tools etc.. You know what I mean.

I agree with your principles Unguided1 and I despise paying for the MCS but without it I cant see anyone using me to install anything as without government money there's no incentive to install these technologies. The sad thing is, once the funding is away then MCS will be redundant, unless the big boys pressure the govmnt into keeping it going, which if it happens will make me seriously consider hanging up my boots. I pay enough to Gas Safe, Public liability, van, tools etc.. You know what I mean.

I agree entirley I remeber years ago there was talk of the government trying to find ways of doing away with self employed people in all industries I honestly believed it would never happen but now you only have to look at our high streets to see almost all the little independant shops have gone and all you have left are big supermarkets guess where our industry is going

So probably just best to go on the course just keep it to that for the time being I think.

So probably just best to go on the course just keep it to that for the time being I think.

No definately not when someone kicks me I kick em right back and I resent what is happening to our industry and country the problem with the english is a little bit of authority and we roll over and whine, now is the time to fight back and have the guts to stand up for yourself If this was France we would be burning our own sheep!!!!!!!!!!!

So go for mcs and then picket them while wearing garlic on a string around my neck, and a beret

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solar panels in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock