Discuss Soil Stack Vent Pipe Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oz-Plumber. I clearly don't have woeful plumbing because it used to function perfectly for the first four years we have lived here. Forgive me asking additional questions, but I want to be sure that it is money well spent before commissioning an expensive camera survey of the drains (especially since Dynorod claim they are clear from visual inspection).

British Gas have now been and fitted a one-way valve to stop sewer gases coming out of the bathroom sink and it no longer glugs when we empty the bath. I can only assume that for now, the problem is sorted.

From the information you have given so far, you just have woeful plumbing installed.
No answers seem to appease you.

Take the recommended quick fix solutions and see how you go.

Plenty of people have given you advice but you seem to come up with excuses as to why their reasoning doesn't suit your circumstances.

Get the AAV fitted and let us know how you get on.
Try to be a bit more polite with your responses matey.

Do any family members have long hair i had a problem recently and it was caused by a build up of hair and hair treatment products blocking the pipework i had to remove the pipework and replace it , also disconnect the roof vent and check for a draught to make sure it is vented to outside cheers kop
Thank you for this post. When British Gas removed a piece of Pipe to fit the anti -syphoning device, the waste pipe to the sink had a lot of slime in. I assume that this build up would have reduced the air in the pipe and led to the syphoning problem developing. Thank you again as I think I now understand why the problem has arisen!

Try to be a bit more polite with your responses matey.

Will do.

Re: The problem.

Cannot see how the system worked perfectly for 4 or so years and the problem has arisen in the last 6 months.

For 4 years the drainage system worked without an AAV, what has changed since the system was installed for it now to require an AAV ?

I stand by my reckoning that the AAV is a 'quick fix' solution to a more serious problem.
Time will tell.

But by the time the same thing happens with the AAV installed, the problem will be multiple times worse.

Lets wait and see

Will do.

Re: The problem.

Cannot see how the system worked perfectly for 4 or so years and the problem has arisen in the last 6 months.

For 4 years the drainage system worked without an AAV, what has changed since the system was installed for it now to require an AAV ?

I stand by my reckoning that the AAV is a 'quick fix' solution to a more serious problem.
Time will tell.

But by the time the same thing happens with the AAV installed, the problem will be multiple times worse.

Lets wait and see
For what it's worth, I fear that you are right. I have got plumbing insurance with British Gas, but I doubt they will cover the cost of a drains survey as the new Anti Syphon Device has stopped sewer gases coming into the bathroom. I am going to price up how much it would be to get a survey done ourselves. Thanks anyway for the advice.

For what it's worth, I fear that you are right. I have got plumbing insurance with British Gas, but I doubt they will cover the cost of a drains survey as the new Anti Syphon Device has stopped sewer gases coming into the bathroom. I am going to price up how much it would be to get a survey done ourselves. Thanks anyway for the advice.

Before you spend hard-earned cash getting the camera-guys in, try it old-school:

Lift the inspection cover(s) outside and watch what happens when your assistant in the house flushes loos, empties a bath, runs the shower, etc. The flow should look, er, 'brisk' and last not much longer than the flushing/emptying takes. If it 'trickles' past and seems to take ages to stop you have a blockage upstream. If water backs up in the inspection pit you have a blockage downstream.

Last edited:
Before you spend hard-earned cash getting the camera-guys in, try it old-school:

Lift the inspection cover(s) outside and watchwhat happens when your assistant in the house flushes loos, empties a bath, runs the shower, etc. The flow should look, er, 'brisk' and last not much longer than the flushing/emptying takes. If it 'trickles' past and seems to take ages to stop you have a blockage upstream. If water backs up in the inspection pit you have a blockage downstream.

Thank you so much for this advice. I will definitely give this a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil Stack Vent Pipe Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock