Search the forum,

Discuss Soil stack access socket leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I have a soil stack and close to the point it enters the ground there is an access hatch. Now when you flush the toilet this socket leaks on to the ground.

The hatch has a screw cap and inside is the plastic bung. Around the cap thread has been some type of sticky, woven tape. I am assuming this was used to seal the cap shut. Well now the cap will not screw on at all. It just sits in place.

Any idea how i make it water tight.

I had thought about using silicon to seal up the bung bit and then silicone to help hold the cap in place.

Dry it off and silicone in place. Its not going to benefit you by being at ground level. (wouldnt want to open that up, on a blockage) Should be at least 1200mm.

Dry it off and silicone in place. Its not going to benefit you by being at ground level. (wouldnt want to open that up, on a blockage) Should be at least 1200mm.

+1. Use a waterproof silicone thou

The best solution is to renew it. Repairing it will only ever be a temporary measure and this will come back and haunt you if the stack becomes blocked and the cap is forced off under pressure. Do you really want litres of raw sewage on your floor?

Easy to fit by a plumber, he can use a Timesaver access or if plastic use a slip coupling, a cutting of pipe and a new access connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil stack access socket leaks in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering if this is allowed or will work in the UK. We currently have all our waste water connecting to a single vented stack. The pipes...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock