Discuss Smell from Kitchen Soil Stack! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked at the blanks that I can see and they are sealed.
I am going to seal the base of the pipe with fire rated expanding foam to see if this reduces the smell.

I have now narrowed this now with testing.

Smell only occurs after running hot water down kitchen stack (I think the shower may have been a red herring).

Smell can occur randomly that’s make me think it’s when one of the dwellings below runs hot water.

Hot water will cause the goo in the pipework to release smells which should be contained within the pipework. You either have a design fault with the way the pipework has been made with the result that a trap is letting air through it, or the pipework is not airtight for some reason.

Worth letting the neighbour downstairs know there is a problem? Probably you'll now find the smell will now go into neighbour's house instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smell from Kitchen Soil Stack! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, few years off doing the work but I like to plan. Can a soil stack be rerouting away from the house, over an extension roof? Reason to...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock