Discuss Slow filling cistern - Armitage Shank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cristina

The cistern is filling very slowly, just a trickle. I have looked at various videos and read tips on how to clean the valve from debris but cannot take this one apart! IMG_2467.jpg

Hi cristina, imo on a cheap fill valve like that, I personally would just change it . It just ends up being less fuss.
Others may disagree

I think you are right. I just found one at Screwfix for a tenner.

Thank you!

I concur with townfanjon tried to sort one other week would have been less hassle to change it imho.

Screwfix sell fluidmaster valves, look at one of those , excellent valves

Like this one? Would it fit?

Fluidmaster Bottom Entry Fill Valve UK ½" | Fill & Flush Valves | NoLinkingToThis

Blocked filter or split diaphragm, just like the cacky siamp inlet valves.

May fit May not

It's not only me who finds the fluidmaster catches the side of the cistern sometimes then lol!!

I normally try & secure something at the top of the fluidmaster so it does not catch... A real pain when the siphon is in the way also!

The one in the pic does look very close to the cistern wall but a fluidmaster could be made to fit if you chose...

Have spent time stripping down those old valves & it doesn't seem to make any difference :(

I ll open it and have a look and then get another one exactly the same, probably easier.
Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow filling cistern - Armitage Shank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on...
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
H
Hi, I need a Beta Cistern Washer for an old 1930's Armitage Shanks Toilet. Nobody has one. Can someone help. Or know anywhere that I might get...
Replies
Views
Hello, My tenant toilet has just started to fill up really slow, he has said it takes 20mins to fill the tank, what could be the issue? He...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi I’ve got a very slow filling toilet which upon opening the cistern is due to the water coming very slowly out of the pipe and into the...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock