Search the forum,

Discuss Slow filling toilet problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I’ve got a very slow filling toilet which upon opening the cistern is due to the water coming very slowly out of the pipe and into the cistern.

In the attached picture the cream plastic spout is where the water comes out and into the cistern but it’s just a trickle. I’ve checked that the valve outside the cistern is fully open and the float doesn’t appear to be the problem.

The circular part looks like it maybe comes off but it didn’t appear to turn by hand. Does anyone know if I can open it and is it possible for it to be clogged?

Thanks

Attachments

• 2717BE18-2FF7-434F-ADBD-D0C69C8A6AFC.jpeg
    2717BE18-2FF7-434F-ADBD-D0C69C8A6AFC.jpeg
    319.7 KB · Views: 10
Yes with the water off this will undo chances are there’s a blockage in the red or white flow spigot

Screwfix sell a ball valve kit I don’t believe they sell the washers on there own but you could probably buy them on eBay

No the whole lot should come apart so you can clean just remember there’s an order for everything and a notch in the arm end that aligns in the body

If you have an isolation valve nearby, momentarily open it once you’ve got the ball valve dismantled and it’ll clear any debris from pipe.

The diaphragm washers are available at all plumbers’ merchants and most big diy stores or decent little hardware shops.

I’ve taken it apart and I found some debris which I’ve cleared and the water now comes out a lot faster. However the white pin that pushes out of the valve and which connects with the arm that the ball cock is on seems to have disappeared and as a result the cistern doesn’t stop when it fills up. I put all the parts aside carefully and then put them back in the same order so I’m not sure where it’s gone. Anyone got any ideas?

Dropped in the tank ?
I’ve checked the tank as much as I can and I can’t see it. I did a few test flushed at one point so not sure if it’s possible that it escaped during that. It’s a bit strange and I even wondered if I assembled it wrong but it can’t be that. I’m going to pick up what appears to be the same valve tomorrow so hopefully I’ll be able to use a part from that.

Reply to Slow filling toilet problem in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock