Search the forum,

Discuss Slow filling cistern - Armitage Shank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cristina

The cistern is filling very slowly, just a trickle. I have looked at various videos and read tips on how to clean the valve from debris but cannot take this one apart! IMG_2467.jpg

Hi cristina, imo on a cheap fill valve like that, I personally would just change it . It just ends up being less fuss.
Others may disagree

I think you are right. I just found one at Screwfix for a tenner.

Thank you!

I concur with townfanjon tried to sort one other week would have been less hassle to change it imho.

Screwfix sell fluidmaster valves, look at one of those , excellent valves

Like this one? Would it fit?

Fluidmaster Bottom Entry Fill Valve UK ½" | Fill & Flush Valves | NoLinkingToThis

Blocked filter or split diaphragm, just like the cacky siamp inlet valves.

May fit May not

It's not only me who finds the fluidmaster catches the side of the cistern sometimes then lol!!

I normally try & secure something at the top of the fluidmaster so it does not catch... A real pain when the siphon is in the way also!

The one in the pic does look very close to the cistern wall but a fluidmaster could be made to fit if you chose...

Have spent time stripping down those old valves & it doesn't seem to make any difference :(

I ll open it and have a look and then get another one exactly the same, probably easier.
Thank you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow filling cistern - Armitage Shank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a green star ten yrs old keeps increasing pressure, feel on off filling valve not working, drain off to recommended, but after few days it's increased whilst cold...is this a regular problem.
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock