Discuss Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm presuming those who say they allow 30 days mainly do bigger jobs , installs, bathrooms. It seems more reasonable to wait a while for a big payment for a big job (even though it's no different in my opinion.)

My problem comes when people ask me "How do you want paying?" And I mention I'm accept cash, cheque or online transfer. I don't ever remember saying I accept cash, cheque or pay in a few weeks if that's easier for you or you are prone to forgetting or can't really be bothered yet or would rather see how this weekend goes because the girls are over and someone mentioned a big one.

I don't/won't wait 30 days. It's payment on completion or plus 5%.

There was an estate agent who wanted some work doing. I told them about my terms and they wanted 90 days. The conversation didn't last much longer.

I have always given 21/28 days ever since I started out. It’s normal now. I do a mix of big and small jobs. But when they ask about payment I say cash, cheque or bank transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a new one on me. Has anyone got any thoughts on the following? I completed a bathroom job and invoiced for the last portion of...
Replies
Views
I am still having endless grief trying to get customers to pay up on completion. Wether its 50 quid to couple thousand it always seems to be a...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock