Discuss Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Got one a landlady whom i am now fed up with always slow paying and latest invoice 50 quid from 10 days ago.

Sent an invoice reminder and text message so the usual has been done.

Not paid by Thursday late payment etc etc email will be sent , however she has said not received email which is rubbish as from my end i can see she has.

What i am asking is i want paying for this not gonna write it off as its a principle thing . If i start a money claims and pay for that do would you suggest sending another invoice with this total on?

On average I wait between 21 and 28 days. Not sure you will be able to start a claim after 10 days.

I wont start a claim until January now that' if she still hasn' paid.
Curious tho if I do claim should I issue an invoice with extra cost to do this ?

I would pay to have a solicitors letter written up

Normally under 20 to have it done

We're in the same boat atm

I would pay to have a solicitors letter written up

Normally under 20 to have it done

We're in the same boat atm

Out of curiosity Shaun, where are there any solicitors who will write a letter for ÂŁ20?
In my part of this green and pleasant land, they charge ÂŁ240 all day long for that.

Out of curiosity Shaun, where are there any solicitors who will write a letter for ÂŁ20?
In my part of this green and pleasant land, they charge ÂŁ240 all day long for that.

My local one will do it's a standard letter

I would say 240 is too much

I'm owed ÂŁ126 by a scatty stresshead mum of 4, I know shes just forgotten with the stress of Christmas, not worried about it as its the daughter of a regular customer. Will remind her mid Jan and make her feel guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Slow delayed paying customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone This is my first post here and I hope to hear from some of the experienced plumbers or anyone else in general that has had an issue...
Replies
Views
Well, this is a new one on me. Has anyone got any thoughts on the following? I completed a bathroom job and invoiced for the last portion of...
Replies
Views
I am still having endless grief trying to get customers to pay up on completion. Wether its 50 quid to couple thousand it always seems to be a...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock