Discuss Single pipe system question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Margi

Recently 2 radiators that were rusted replaced by 2 new radiators. Baxi engineer replaced one radiator and wanted to come to do the other a week later. So I got the larger radiator replaced by another engineer as my tenant wanted to have system fixed ASAP. Now only one larger radiator is working not the rest of the radiators. Please advise as Heat team refuse to check the system out blaming the other engineer. The system worked fine other wise.

Cocked up pipe work by sounds of it. One piper requires Cunning and experience, get your discount handyman back! Lift floor and photograph connections to both rads

Did you have a thermostatic radiator valve fitted with the new rad?

Like Mr Trude asked, did he alter any pipework pics if poss. also depends where the rad is on the system..With you saying its a BIG rad it should be toward the end of the run. he didnt shut the others off or try and 'Throttle them down' did he..??

Difficult to know what's gone wrong if all worked before, but at best could be a balancing issue.

I wonder did your handyman just route the one pipe solely through the rad he replaced?
He has showed his ignorance of heating if he can't get it working again & that's what happens with impatience.
Get him back to say what he has actually done.

I wonder did your handyman just route the one pipe solely through the rad he replaced?
He has showed his ignorance of heating if he can't get it working again & that's what happens with impatience.
Get him back to say what he has actually done.
I think this is what happened. He basically replaced the old radiator. A friend suggested balancing the system. May be try that. Thanks

old one had only a single pipe coming out from floor in the middle of radiator and branching to two ends of radaiator. Handyman just fitted the radiator, nothing more. Obviously he was not cunning enough plan it thoroughly.

It can't possibly work with just one pipe, It requires a flow pipe and a return pipe.

Recently 2 radiators that were rusted replaced by 2 new radiators. Baxi engineer replaced one radiator and wanted to come to do the other a week later. So I got the larger radiator replaced by another engineer as my tenant wanted to have system fixed ASAP. Now only one larger radiator is working not the rest of the radiators. Please advise as Heat team refuse to check the system out blaming the other engineer. The system worked fine other wise.

Thank you all. I wanted a cheaper option so balance the radiators as they say. Wow it works, it works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Single pipe system question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock