Discuss Sime Halstead Trio expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Hello all,

I have got to replace a expansion vessel on a Sime boiler. It's an internal one situated at the back of the boiler itself. The original one has a pinhole leak in it, therefore needs replacing.

Has anyone had any experience of replacing one of these that could give me some pointers as to the best way to go about it.

I have ordered the replacement already, so it's all ready to go.

Thanks in anticipation

Tom

As you already have the replacement coming, all you have to do is remove the boiler from the wall, fit the new vessel, refit the boiler.
There is an easier way but you've paid for the replacement now.

Most important tho' is to make sure whoever refits the boiler is GasSafe registered and checks that the flue is reinstalled correctly.

Last edited:
snowhead, thank you for replying.

What's the easier way? The vessel can always be returned!

I was hoping that there was a way of fitting the vessel without disturbing any of the gas carrying parts?!?

How would I get to the pipework to the existing one to fit a remote one? (I take it by remote, you mean external?)

As the existing vessel is holed and leaking water you will have to replace it unless
the leak can be sealed.

Only then could an external vessel be fitted.

(the existing vessel is knackered an no repair can be made to get it back in use)

How is it possible to seal the leak on the vessel? Would it hold as a permanent fix or just temporary?

Is there any reasonably straight forward way of replacing the vessel without disturbing any gas carrying parts?

No, they're a pain in the neck which is why people like to fit an external one.

Still looking for some advice on this one guys!!

Has anyone on here worked on this type of boiler before?

Really need a way of changing the vessel without disturbing any gas carrying parts!

There isn't one. Your only hope is to cap off the pipe leading to it and fit an external one if you can get access.

Or pass it on to a GSR installer? Sounds like I need to walk away from this pretty quickly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sime Halstead Trio expansion vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Hi Is it possible for a DIYer to replace an expansion vessel and hose? It's an external grant vortex boiler and from what I've seen online it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Glow-Worm Easicom 28 boiler and i had to get a new 8 litre EV (expansion vessel) for it, which has arrived. i did check with the...
Replies
Views
Hey, I've got a Grant Vortex that's leaking water from the seal around the expansion vessel - it's the round type about 50cm wide. The system is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock