Search the forum,

Discuss shower valve and pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bingobill

hi all, first time poster and any help would be nice
recently fitted a hudson reed victorian exposed shower with rain head
fed by a salamander ct50 boost pump
the pump is fitted correctly,and constant good flow acheived when shower valve is removed
however when valve is refit the flow is crap and temp control next to useless! very small level of control it feels like it is only allowing either hot or cold flow not a mixture of both
rang hudson reed they said take out nrv's in shower valve inlets......did this no change
then they said remove thermo cartridge and revolve 180 degrees............did this no change
i am fairly sure the thermo cartridge is knackered but wondered if anyone else had this problem???
flushed system thouroughly before fitting valve btw
many thanks

Hot and cold correct way round? (just playing devils advocate)

other than that your probably right with cartridge problem!

yeah mate hot to the left !
like i said its like the valve is letting thru either hot or cold,the adjustment on the heating is so tiny about a eigth of a turn on the valve, once you go any farther it seems to should either hot or cold completley off!
i think the cartridge is the prob
up to house owner to contact hudson reed i think as he purchased it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower valve and pump problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock