Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Pump Pulsing! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone.

Could someone please advise on a fix for this annoying problem?

I have a shower pump feeding our master ensuite which occasionally pulses once the tap or shower is turned off. This will continue to pulse until you turn the tap back on and the REALLY slowly turn it off. Or as my daughter has discovered, turn it on and off again rapidly (perhaps confusing the pump 😉) can also work.

This sometimes goes weeks or even months without issue, other times it is daily.

I have thought about installing an expansion tank but not sure if this is the right fix. Plus the pump is twin impeller so not sure whether it would be need to be tee'd across the H&C...

Thanks in advance.

I had same problem found there was slight blockage in filter/softener yoke on the spout of sink tap (debris from tank or plumbing). Unscrewed spout cleared debris and was ok.eter

Reply to Shower Pump Pulsing! in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
I have a problem with noise and vibrations from my shower when i first turn it on. The problem lasts for about 30 seconds after the shower is switched on before it stops. There is a sink nearby, sometimes if we switch that on slowly before turning on the shower then the shower doesn't make a...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity fed, loft cold water tank and airing cupboard hot water tank. Occasionally the pump operates for a couple of seconds without demand for water. More...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Have moved into a house with a fairly old plumbing system from 70’s. However boiler has been replaced around a decade ago by a Worcester- working great. Pump is around 5 years old. I have a bit of a strange problem (to me at least). In the morning after the boiler has been off all...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm currently estimating on installing a new shower pump to feed an existing bath/shower diverter. Hot side: fit flange and spherical valve and Y strainer to old cylinder, reduce to 15 mm and to pump flexi and reconnect existing hot distributing pipe. Repair shelf in AC and fit twin...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock