Search the forum,

Discuss Shower pump problems.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, just wondering if anybody could help me? I was recently called to a job where the customer said they were only getting luke warm water to their bathrooms. The house has 3shower rooms all running off a Monsoon pump, hot inlet to pump is off a Essex flange and a seperate 22mm feed from the CWST for the cold. I turned the pump off and the temperature worked fine but as soon as the pump wasvswitched on the same problems arised . I've checked the filters in the pumpand they were fine, no problem with flow rate or tank running dry, however i put my hand over the vent and then got the customer to open shower and felt a slight surge of air. I raised the height of the vent but it made no difference. If i turn the cold side of the pump off, hot runs fine but as soon as cold at pump is opened the temperature drops to luke warm. I've spoke to Stuart Turner and they insist its not a problem with the pump. I'm running out of ideas so any help would be great!

If it was only one of the showers then it couldn't be the pump, if it's all the showers then it probably is.
Maybe get one from somewhere like b and poo so if it turns out not to be the pump you have a higher chance of being able to return it.

possibly a fault with one of the shower valves causing the water to cross from hot to cold the reason ot does not do it with the pump turned off is because of the reduced pressure. if you can isolate the showers one by one and see if the problem stops

Can you reduce the pump speed? It may stop it from drawing air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump problems.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Hi all I had a new bathroom fitted about 4 months ago and all was fine until about a week ago. But now when I turn the lever to run the rain head there is a 30s delay until water starts coming out , very slowly then builds up to the flow I would expect. ( I can hear water running and filling up...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock