Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Shower install advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

After some advice please.

Recently bought some shower panels to have installed. However the installers must have missed installing the waterproof trim I bought as didn't use it? How much of a problem is this?

I was told by another installer that it should be used as external seals are no where near as good and will just lead to problems down the line. Am I worriying about nothing or do I need to take the panels off to put the trim on.

TIA

I’m guessing here you mean the internal corners ?

If yes there rubbish and I agree don’t need / use them

Definitely not worrying about nothing. The waterproof trim is important to prevent water damage. I'd recommend getting it installed, as external seals might not be as effective. You might want to discuss this with the installers and see if it can be added without taking the panels off. Better safe than sorry.

Reply to Shower install advice in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
First of all I have to confess I am not a plumber so please bear with me! I have a Daryl enclosed shower in an ensuite bathroom. It was already...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock