Search the forum,

Discuss Shower air lock ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pops 71

Last year I changed a customers existing thermo shower bar valve for a similar type but with a fixed rain head as well as a hand held head,l also changed the existing old pump for a like for like replacement.i didn't alter any of the existing pipe work
I also installed a new pumped digital shower in the new en-suite.Which is working fine !
All worked fine until six months ago when shower & pump stopped working... On inspection it appeared to be some sort of air lock as after I disconnected the fittings to the pump it started working again.....until now....exactly six months on from last time...same thing has happened again !
Customer said that they never had this type of problem before !
Could this be as simple as fitting a couple of air valves ? Or does it sound like a deeper seated problems
Thanks in advance for any replies

Hello. You need to register on the forum and with a username and repost to receive replies

Default Shower air lock ?
Last year I changed a customers existing thermo shower bar valve for a similar type but with a fixed rain head as well as a hand held head,l also changed the existing old pump for a like for like replacement.i didn't alter any of the existing pipe work
I also installed a new pumped digital shower in the new en-suite.Which is working fine !
All worked fine until six months ago when shower & pump stopped working... On inspection it appeared to be some sort of air lock as after I disconnected the fittings to the pump it started working again.....until now....exactly six months on from last time...same thing has happened again !
Customer said that they never had this type of problem before !
Could this be as simple as fitting a couple of air valves ? Or does it sound like a deeper seated problems
Thanks in advance for any replies

How about blocked filters on the pump? Does the pump serve only this shower?

Why would it airlock?

Pump only serves this shower, last time it seemed like air as once I'd disconnected the fittings Fromm the pump it spluttered into action and was then fine.... It just seems weird that it only happens every six months !!
Could it be a gradual build up of air ?

Tell them to lower the handset into the bath to clear the air lock... The pump should hopefully kick on then... Or maybe descale th shower head plus check inlet filters...

So you have a digital pumped in "a new en suite" plus a pumped thermo in another. My guess is both where used at the same time, probably by teenage boys [emoji3] plus other draws on the system at the same time, resulting in emptying the cold water supply which has introduced air. Of course the customer would never tell you this is what happened. If the digital is Aqualisa and plumbed to manufacturers spec, it will be on first draw hot and cold therefore getting new supplies of water first, plus the processor is self priming. Solution is bigger tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower air lock ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock