Discuss Servicing unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

baldyb220

Hi all just wondering what people are charging these days to service unvented cylinders? May have one to do for a management company of retirement apartments so want to give them a price? Cheers

Hello baldy,
I think a lot of engineers are charging hourly rates but maybe someone will give a better answer which is more in detail

dont have a price for servicing them so would probably just charge hourly rate plus any parts req. (as steated in previous post)

I do a few , but because they are done every year , its very rare theres any problems so they arent to bad to price, if they are local ish to me £45, if I have a lot of travelling to do it goes up accordingly

£45 if close and been before. From £60 for a new cust plus anything more than a 15 min drive.

Not paying for the work, paying for the knowledge.

Oh yes & trying to get around in London….. you might only be able to do 2 or 3 a day.

Not paying for the work, paying for the knowledge.

That's a good saying... I often think in this crazy plumbing game that some jobs due to technical nature etc or whatever that by just charging for the 1st hour is kind of undercharging myself, but charging more I feel customers will think I'm ripping them off because I was able to do this work quickly etc..!? Other people must have this a lot too?

That's a good saying... I often think in this crazy plumbing game that some jobs due to technical nature etc or whatever that by just charging for the 1st hour is kind of undercharging myself, but charging more I feel customers will think I'm ripping them off because I was able to do this work quickly etc..!? Other people must have this a lot too?

Just about every day of the week mate I hear "How much? You`ve only been here 45 minutes!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Servicing unvented cylinders in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi All, what's the cost of a service for an unvented system ? (valiant boiler & mega flow cylinder). I was charged £320.00, for the following...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Do most composite valves now for unvented cylinders have a tee on them For the expansion valve connection? The ones I used to fit just had the...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock