Discuss Service magic scam How to get reimbursed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Plumb Fed Up

Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM

Warning anyone out there thinking of using SERVICE MAGIC to get job referals should avoid them at all costs.

They just cost me a small fortune and I didnt even get to quote on a job. They take your card details for membership and retain the details to charge you every time they send through a quote.

I tried to get them to cancel my membership after only a few hours of joining as I got a bad feeling about it but they just kept sending through quotes and trying to charge my card. I ended up cancelling the card with the bank as I knew that was the only way they would stop using it. I did of course email them 3 times with no reply and leave a voice mail message but they didnt help. So anyone out there thinking of it DON'T DO IT.

I have also been informed by a reliable source that the customer just uses Service magic to get a bargin basement quote for a new boiler etc after contacting several other engineers first.

Oh and Service Magic are being investigated in the United States for just google service magic scam and you will find loads of up set people

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM

Two cracking first posts, one venting frustration and the other trying to sell him something.

Plumb fed up: I've never heard of them but thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. There are tons of these rate a trade, find a trade, trusted trades etc etc springing up everywhere. I personally avoid them all like the plague.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi

I have used service magic in past never had work from sit think load rubbish. You should try mybuilder there is plenty work comes through them. You can have free membership or pro which costs 40.00 a quater plus 5% of quote. Im a cheap scate and got free membership but get work through it

I too am having problems with this company froze my account with them but they still sent jobs through and charged me on phoning them up was told we will credit the money to future work
currently going through the process of getting my dosh back which they fraudantly took from my bank account

So yes avoid like the plague

try freeindex guys - it does the same as these sites, without charging you!

Having said that you do get some real bargain hunters on there, who want there washing machine fitted for £20 - got no time for that, but some of the jobs are gooduns!

i got scammed last year from an so called advertising company out of liverpool,selling space in a mag that was suposed to be from the police and fire services.
EMERGENCY SERVICES MAG.or something similar.
Now if someone calls i say no and thats it.
What i tell my customers(mostly OAPs) if any one calls you they want your money,just hang up.
PS you just have to google scams and have a look.

Not sure how that happened as when i used service magic you pay up front for a set number of credits and then select from a daily list of customers your only charged when you click on a job for details
mind you i only got one job from it probably cost me what i earnt

i got scammed last year from an so called advertising company out of liverpool,selling space in a mag that was suposed to be from the police and fire services.
EMERGENCY SERVICES MAG.or something similar.
Now if someone calls i say no and thats it.
What i tell my customers(mostly OAPs) if any one calls you they want your money,just hang up.
PS you just have to google scams and have a look.

I have been scammed by these guys they are mainly operating in the manchester or liverpool areas.

If you ever get a phone and they ask if it is or your company, NEVER say "YES IT IS" They will be recording this, and they doctor the tape into making it sound that you have agreed to a contract. Always answer with "Can I ask who is calling Please"

If you are being troubled by these guys I recommend you go the The Advertising Protection Agency, they offer a service that can help you stop these calls, and try to get back some of the money you have lost.

Regards
Spanner

Great tip - thank you. Will use this for all sorts of things now.

I too am having problems with this company froze my account with them but they still sent jobs through and charged me on phoning them up was told we will credit the money to future work
currently going through the process of getting my dosh back which they fraudantly took from my bank account

So yes avoid like the plague
Did you have any luck getting the money back. . ? I have just been ripped off by themthem

Wish I had seen this earlier they have just ripped me off completely
£160 for a week and fake leads
everyone please avoid like the plague

thanks for the warning i have got a email from them the other day with lots of boiler swaps and breakdowns right in my postcode seemed to good to be true but tempting so was seriously thinking of having a go now of course i wont seems you have saved me a lot of grief thanks

Has anyone else been totally ripped off by this company. ? Anyone successful in claiming their money back?

Am glad to have helped am determined to expose this company as the scam that they are so that no one else gets ripped off like myself. I had to go so far as to cancel my bank card to stop them taking money out of my account

thanks, i i am just about to do a charity mag,,, again and this year a police mag, are these scams??
Mark

Yes. Search on here for Forresters fund for children.

The charity mag is probably a scam as I got asked to do one before "to help disadvantaged kids in your area". Was told they would deliver 50,000 free copies of mag in my area and sent me a copy. Needless to say that I was only person to get copy. They sent me invoice and called a few times but I actually enjoyed getting them on the phone to ask them a few questions and tell them in no uncertain terms what I thought of them! They said they would send debt collectors which I would have enjoyed even more! Think they were vision something and based in Liverpool area.

Yea it's def that Forresters fund,couldn't remember name. If they call keep them on phone asking questions as if you're interested and then ask about being a scam. Can't believe they're still at it, that's about 2 years ago. Do the police not do anything about this as this seems to be going on for couple of years when I checked them out

Service Magic, mixed reviews by customers;

ServiceMagic Complaints UK | Feedback About Service Magic UK

One unhappy potential customer;

He told me that although he charged £15 an hour if he only did 20 minutes work he would charge me the full £15 he said some people complained about this i am not surprised so would i if i only got 20 mins work if i had paid for an hour

I've used service magic for a while, some of the leads are good, leading to other jobs while some are just rubbish, with the client wanting to know how much things cost with no intentions of having the work done...also I was worried if the van would still be there when I came back out....or if I ever came out....

Not got money back....they credit my account.... gotta phone them monday as a "boiler quote" turned out to be an electric cooker swap....£ 28 for that...

These companies merely prey on those that are short of work with the promise of a golden path to riches. Why anyone would join such a scheme is beyond me.

Service Magic: DO NOT USE THEM

I keep getting calls about some publication for kids with cancer. Is that the lows these people go to, If any person/ company ripped me off for a large amount of money, I would not rest until I had done some form of damage to that person/ company

If any of these companies call me I say please send me something in the post. I never receive anything lol

if you want more work the best option is print and post leaflets. A guy I know has recently done this and is generating more work.

I've used service magic for a while, some of the leads are good, leading to other jobs while some are just rubbish, with the client wanting to know how much things cost with no intentions of having the work done...also I was worried if the van would still be there when I came back out....or if I ever came out....

god, what sort of jobs were they?

These companies are all scams. Even where there are actually publications printed you can find they are not distributed anywhere near your local area. I was once contacted by a "genuine" company only to find that the publication was only distributed in the London area and I'm hardly going to travel down there from Yorkshire to fix a toilet.

god, what sort of jobs were they?

boiler swaps....one place didn't even have a front door just a piece of ply on garden gate brackets, padlock & clasp...he was never gonna have a new boiler if he couldn't afford a front door....that one was credited...as was the one today....

i hope i never go out to a job and it end up being like that. When i did my gas was a bloke on the course who works for mears and he said he's been locked in a bedroom cos the bloke didnt believe that he was the cause of the problem (cwsc overflowing)

I got ripped off by them, cancelled my account and they are chasing me for money for fake leads and threatening legal proceedings and have levied additional charges on top of the outstanding balance. dreadful company with terrible customer service and now openly admit they cannot qualify leads.. I'd like to know a successful way of a) not paying them for their incompetence and b) how to never deal with them again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Service magic scam How to get reimbursed? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back