Discuss Seized Rising Main - Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlbreak

Hi All

Common problem, but wondered if anyone had had any success in freeing up siezed rising mains taps.

I'm probably just going to replace it if I can't find a solution, but i'm sure this is a problem you all come accross every day and thought i'd see if you had any bright ideas or tried and tested methods.

Thanks

You've answered your own question, just replace it. You can try wd40 etc. I just replace them with lever valve where ever I can. Far more reliable.

same here lever valve much easier to operate especially for the older generation

steve

what about the loose jumper valve/washer or arent these a wras requirement now?

Most of the time all you need to do is undo the nuts at either side of the old tap, and put a new one in its place. Waste of effort messing about trying to fix the old one for the sake of £4.50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Seized Rising Main - Any ideas? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back