Search the forum,

Discuss Secretes of the Discount Stores??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
It's a must watch. How we are being scammed.

Most probably, but I had no idea I was being scammed through?
Could have summat 2do with my low IQ if dyxlexiahs.
I'll give you a good example: Baxi literature said: Fit two Baxi Avanta boilers and get a FREE Work trousers or Winter Jacket. I hurriedly fitted four baxi Avanta exclusive boilers and sent in my request for a 'free' winter jacket. Then I get a phone call. '' hello village idiot, we have checked your Works account with baxi and you do not qualify for a free jacket''

i went ballistic, ranting and raving, quoting them their 'offer'. They told me to calm down. They will check my account again and call me back. Twenty minutes later, I get a call. ''Hello village idiot, you fitted the wrong boilers. To qualify for the promotion you're referring to, you needed to fit the baxi platinum boilers, not baxi Avanta exclusive ones''.

Am I thick or whart? If only I had read the literature/promotion properly? Now I'll have to go through the winter without any warm clothing? May be I should blackmail them into sending me a jacket afta all. I should threaten to return to fitting Worcester Bosch boilers. That will make them sit up and listen. I feel cheated though.

sorry but choosing a boiler to fit as u get a freebie isnt the way to keep customer loyalty over the years!!

sorry but choosing a boiler to fit as u get a freebie isnt the way to keep customer loyalty over the years!!

Shut up Lame. Are you trying to ruin me? Selling boilers by giving away cheap trinkets is my stock in trade.

Although there have been times when I thought I should charge £600 for the trinkets and give the boilers away. :)

Shut up Lame. Are you trying to ruin me? Selling boilers by giving away cheap trinkets is my stock in trade.

Although there have been times when I thought I should charge £600 for the trinkets and give the boilers away. :)

on that note you should go to costco or something and order our biccies in bulk.... Is it just ukpf members who get them?

wetting myself now Ive got the giggles, I have to say Ray that the only thing that gets my attention is the price or lack of it, to let me make a decent profit:), and when you get some intas Ill be opening an account. mind you its gone quiet this week, bloody xmas routine!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most probably, but I had no idea I was being scammed through?
Could have summat 2do with my low IQ if dyxlexiahs.
I'll give you a good example: Baxi literature said: Fit two Baxi Avanta boilers and get a FREE Work trousers or Winter Jacket. I hurriedly fitted four baxi Avanta exclusive boilers and sent in my request for a 'free' winter jacket. Then I get a phone call. '' hello village idiot, we have checked your Works account with baxi and you do not qualify for a free jacket''

i went ballistic, ranting and raving, quoting them their 'offer'. They told me to calm down. They will check my account again and call me back. Twenty minutes later, I get a call. ''Hello village idiot, you fitted the wrong boilers. To qualify for the promotion you're referring to, you needed to fit the baxi platinum boilers, not baxi Avanta exclusive ones''.

Am I thick or whart? If only I had read the literature/promotion properly? Now I'll have to go through the winter without any warm clothing? May be I should blackmail them into sending me a jacket afta all. I should threaten to return to fitting Worcester Bosch boilers. That will make them sit up and listen. I feel cheated though.

The platinum snickers jackets are really nice too!

Well, that was not my initial reason for fitting them!
Baxi held an open day at Epsom Downs. We were well fed and plenty of free alcohol to go round. Also various free prices including a boiler for the lucky basteward whose name got pulled out of the hat.
So their marketing strategy had worked. Plenty of access within the boiler, easy to repair, 'easy to fit', blah, blah, blab. Plus the encouraged me to attend a free training in Dartford. And when I got sent the literature/promotion by post, I just assumed it was to do with the Avanta range of boilers. Daft!!! So putting all that together, I had opted to make fitting their boilers my first choice. Will have to reconsider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Secretes of the Discount Stores??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

How a thermal store boiler works! I’ve got an old thermal store boiler and I’m trying to work out how it works. From what I understand the boiler keeps hot water at a steady temperature in the boiler whilst cold water enters into a coil which is held inside the hot water and this heats the cold...
Replies
Views
Background 24 apartments are equipped with thermal stores of (100 to 150 litres) with immersion heater capability. Individual demand of each apartment for domestic hot water varies greatly in timing and volume. Thus the oil boiler is required to work for long periods which is uneconomical...
Replies
Views
Just looked at the last two energy bills for my house and they both are for negative £9.xx. The government £400 scheme to come off bills is kicking in, but the discount applied to the bills leaves us in credit. I.e. the energy company owes us money rather than the reverse! I'm not...
Replies
Views
V
Good morning, I thought I would try here first before going elsewhere. in short I had a septic system flexible coupling needing replacing. Backed up waste water. It was less than a meter down and took plumbers less than 1/2 to diagnose I was charged $1560 originally Spoke to plumber to contest...
Replies
Views
HI folks, this post is a follow up to my post relating to my single pipe heating system. In summary, I have a house built in 1980 (I bought it 2 years ago) that had a single pipe heating system but over the years there have been some changes made to the system that meant it didn't work. I have...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock