Discuss second hand boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats your opinion on builders wanting to use second hand boilers, do all the central heating pipework them selves and asking us(plumbers)to commission the boiler...?

No can do
I commission my boilers. Noone else's

check he didnt have spurrs on his boots at the back! tight jeans maybe?? he disguise his horse as a van! is his ring tone the good the bad and the ugly??

all these things are the sign or a true COWBOY

the only way you could do it is for you to fit the boiler and all the gas pipework and just connect up his heating/h+c pipework. signing off/commissioning work done buy a non registered person is a big no no.

I only sign off the stuff I install, I'm not risking my career on someone else perhaps making a silly mistake.

Many people say they won't fit them infront of other engineers, but in reality.. lets face it who is gonna walk away from the opportunity of replacing an existing one with the exact same model, when they can charge the same rate, but yet.. for slightly less work.

I've seen it before, everyone feeds themselves. Not dispiting the fact that it's plain dangerous & etc, if your work is safe and your are ofcourse gas safe registered, then no problem.

Personally i believe it comes down to lack of work availability for some, or even simple non-stop workholics.

Hats of to the men who walk away from it, No involvement, No hassle.. The best way!

firstly, it has to be a band a boiler.
second, you have to hang it and do the flue/gas work yourself.
third, the boiler needs thorough inspection for the risk associated.

does the gas pipe to meter look altered?.etc

To answer the OP tell him to ............off.

I know times are hard for some and a hundred quid or so is a meal on the table and the rent paid but why encourage them.

I've been asked to do this a couple of times but always told em to get bent. Having said that, I can see, in the current financial climate, how it would be tempting. As long as the work is inspected microscopically and ANY fault is identified and remedied (or the installation condemned and reported), at least we may be saving someones life or property. Some customers are getting so tight that they will risk having a boiler fitted by a cowboy to save a few quid and as long as they don't mind not having a warranty there's no come back till the boiler goes bang or someone wakes up dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to second hand boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a question about adding a second bathroom to a house. My parents house has one bathroom upstairs and the house is all mains...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock