Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Sealing/removing warm air unit flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hacksawJim

Hello, I have recently had a warm air unit removed and a wet system installed. This has created room for a large closet in the kitchen. An asbestos flue remains in the ceiling though, and whilst the engineer wrapped it with a couple of carrier bags and tape I need a long term solution to the problem. How should the flue be sealed, boxed off or made safe? Any suggestion on where to find people (in London) who can do this? Here is a picture (flue to the left, old vent to the right)
IMG_20130409_075640.jpg

Anything to do with asbestos should be left to a pro in my opinion. I wonder how he even safely disconnected the air heater from the flue?

i agree with wheeto, either he should be skilled and informed enough to remove the whole lot, or not touch the thing at all

Removal is likely to be expensive and possibly more hazardous if the flue is in good condition. Google for asbestos removal contractors if you want shot of it. Alternatively stick a false ceiling in the cupboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sealing/removing warm air unit flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had to switch off an old fellas heating today as he had no fixed ventilation for warm air unit, tried to argue the benefits of letting him use it...
Replies
Views
H
Afternoon, Having had an offer accepted on a property I am looking for advice on removal of an old warm air system in the house. The owners...
Replies
Views
N
I recently called a local gas engineer to service my warm air heating and issue a new gas safety certificate. One of the engineers put a smoke...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
M
Hi All, This is my first post. I've already searched the forum but due to not being technical at all I'm not sure I'm getting the right...
Replies
Views
newcastle phill
N
S
Hi Everyone I am new here! I hope I can get some help with a problem that I have had with my sealed system since it was installed in October...
Replies
Views
Truman
T
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock