Search the forum,

Discuss sealing baths in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slaters lathes screwed to studs horizontally to sit the bath onto then a tube of clear silicone between wall and bath. Then tile down to bath with a tile spacer under, then usual fill bath and bead of white silicone. Going nowhere.

ive never used that sticks like s**t any good

back to the post silicone.

Slaters lathes screwed to studs horizontally to sit the bath onto then a tube of clear silicone between wall and bath. Then tile down to bath with a tile spacer under, then usual fill bath and bead of white silicone. Going nowhere.

That's the way I do it too not many take the time Simon

Same as Simong, never had a problem yet. You might be the one to take bath out in future, silicone might be easier to get it back out

am i to put a bit of say 3 x 2 the full lengh of the bath and let the bath sit on it then silicone along entire lengh,what about bath ends, i had an issue with a corner

Wouldn't use 3 x 2 i find it too big and can interfere with the legs. Can also go the whole hog and do the same down the ends. I always pull bath away from wall and blurt the silicone in and then ram the bath in cleaning off any silicone that squirts out.

Always done it this way, had to refix too many over the years from other people, exceptionally sturdy for an over bath shower.

If it's between 3 Walls then do all 3 sides but make sure you cut back a bit for bath panel

I use a full tube of silicone to glue the bath to the wall as well, even that on its own (I use Dow Corning) sticks it so well the next day I can't pull it away with my full weight behind it.
I use battens as well but sometimes I will insert 4 vertical legs and bond them in place after the bath is fitted with maybe a shim underneath. This method for me is far quicker and it still achieves the same goal of not being able to push the corners down. Sometimes you may need to adjust the legs and it raises it off the horizontal batten and then you cant get the drill in to move it higher.

I then use my angle drill to screw all 5 feet down while pushing them against the wall.

If you're stuck with installing a cheap bath and the screws for the tubular support legs keep popping out of the chipboard base, silicon on a small section of 9mm ply at each screw hole, then fit the screws.

Sticks like poo is really good but expensive. I prefer Unibond Sanitary Silicone. it sticks anything and has Microban antibacterial agent. Best I've found for sealing baths and showers too as well as sink and bath gratings.

I do it this way, don't do the tiling but get it ready to be tiled onto. Wouldn't want to be using sticks like s**t though it would be a nightmare to get back out, going to buy myself some of that stuff, had to use no nails on a basin the other day didnt hold that well but a few people have recommended sticks like s**t they swear by it.

I do it this way, don't do the tiling but get it ready to be tiled onto. Wouldn't want to be using sticks like s**t though it would be a nightmare to get back out, going to buy myself some of that stuff, had to use no nails on a basin the other day didnt hold that well but a few people have recommended sticks like s**t they swear by it.

Good stuff, but pricey, don't get it on your fingers though, you'll stick to everything!

Never done it any different and never had to go back.... pretty foolproof.

What are slaters lathes and where can you get them from? I use steel angle/stretcher plates screwed to the bath and to the wall battons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to sealing baths in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for silicone recommendations for sealing between a metal bath and upvc wall panels. I was going for dow 785+ but someone mentioned its no...
Replies
Views
Hi all Do any of you guys use a silicone to seal between the bath and waste rubber underneath? The bath is only a cheap one and the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Hi Could I ask for some help with a water flow rate problem. I have good mains water pressure on the ground floor. There is no tank in the loft...
Replies
Views
My sister bought a new build property which has wall hung toilets, NK by Noke Porcelona The pans are all moving enough for the silicone sealant to...
Replies
Views
Hi folks Really daft question here but what tap connectors are you all using? I’ve picked up a couple of end feed with fibre washers today and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock