Discuss Salamander ESP 100 CPV 3bar pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tracey Gee

Hi there!
New to the forum and I'm really hoping someone can help?
Ive had the same Salamander ESP 100 CPV pump fitted for the last 8 years, of which it has worked beautifully till around 2 weeks ago. It has switched from working on a Positive Head to a Negative Head! If I manually switch it back to the Positive Head, the pump fails to kick in when the showers are turned on. When working on the Negative Head the flow is pretty poor, it also cuts out frequently and flashes LED 2 warning -Dry Run Protection. I've tried switching off the pump and running the showers on just hot water (this tip I picked up from another forum thread to possibly clear any air in the pipes, so thought I'd give it a try.) I've tried, as per the manual, the On Off On Off wait 60 seconds, neither have made any difference.
Im resigned to the fact I'm probably going to have to buy a new pump. I just wanted to hear any ideas that I could try to save the expense first please?
Many thanks in advance.
Tracey

Is the little expansion vessel at the correct pressure?

Also check the hot & cold supplies to the pump. Make sure no filters are blocked. Some pumps have very fine filter washers in end of their flexi hoses & need cleaned.
I would guess if the supplies are blocked at the pump or showers, then the pump will try to work on negative head.
8 years is getting on a bit for a pump, but might still do another while.

Hi, I have fitted the ESP100cpv many times and rarely have any issues at all. I have had an issue with the red LED2 lit, it was down to too much air being drawn into the system, having already checked that the filters were clean and that there was a good flow of water down to the pump I fitted a flange to the cylinder and this stopped the LED2 fault. I spoke to Salamander and they advised that the pump set in Negative head will run when an outlet is opened regardless if the system was positive head so to leave it set in negative head is fine.

The pump I worked on was a lot younger than yours- 8 years is a good run!

Thank you so much! I've only just got back from work so will act on your advise tomorrow and let you all know how I get on as soon as possible.
Thanks again, it's very much appreciated.
Kindest.
Tracey

since its lasted 8 years and my honest opinion i would be looking to change it

Okie dokie! It would appear there was a small leak coming from the pressure valve...I say 'was' and 'small!' It is now a rather large leak! I've tightened the nuts however, the leak is coming from the gland/seal where the cable exits. I think after 8 years it's time for a new pump.
Thanks to everyone for all your help and advice. 'Happy new pump day' to me.
Thanks again!
Tracey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Salamander ESP 100 CPV 3bar pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock