Search the forum,

Discuss S Plan Vent Feed Options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please see attached diagrams.Please let me know what you think.
Phillip Capron. S Plan Vent and Feed Options.jpg

any reason 28mm?

and 1

Best way is no vents or feed pipes on oil or gas.
Sealed system if it is at all possible.

It's the size of the pipes (Flow and Return) on a Greenstar FS 30CDi.

fair enough you do realize you cant install a boiler unless your gas safe?

plus one for sealing the system, that boiler is available as a system boiler im sure
any reason for this choice?

I'd guess it's an old house, pipes underf floor & minimising the risk of creating leaks?

The tank fed should be okay as longs it's all cleansed correctly, plenty of inhibitor & check there's no pumping over etc into the tank!

Non of them ! all your connections and pump look as though they are on return pipe

Go with 1. Ideally, you want the cold feed to dip under and connect into the bottom of the pipe to stop possible gravitation into the tank.

Why not just read installation manual ?? Page 9 will answer all your questions regarding position of pipes Vent & Cold Feed in relation to type of system you are fitting,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to S Plan Vent Feed Options in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
I am having a new system boiler to replace very old cast iron open vented jobbie. heating engineer has offered an S plan system and a Main eco compact. My understanding is that S plan will return water at too high a temperature for boiler to run efficiently and stops weather compensation.
Replies
Views
Podengo
P
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We're looking to update our existing central heating setup and wanted to get a few more opinions. We currently have an open vented conventional boiler with cold water expansion tank in attic and indirect vented hot water cylinder. Initially we thought we would just swap to a combi...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm after some help regarding my Father in laws heating system. He has had a local engineer around but hasn't had a fix and is very remote so I'm looking at the issue before arranging someone to try to fix. He is on oil and has a modern raeburn boiler/range. He has a vented system with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock