Discuss Replacement of glass yarn when servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi fellers, Yay, I am let into the Sticky gas forum. Beware!!!!

I was servicing my boiler which is main 15he. Rubbish it is but that is nothing to do with this thread.

In the servicing instructions it says when you remove the fan to inspect and clean heat exchanger, it says to replace the rope. Now when I was doing my apprenticeship, not once did the guy who taught me get me to replace this. So, do you all replace this every time you remove the fan from the combustion chamber? and there for carry a roll in stock in the van?

I only replace it when necessary.
Just buy a pack from your heating merchants for stock.
Regin do a 3m pack for a few squid.

cool thanks mountainman. I see next to it they sell some compound which goes with it? Do you need this? I am not sure as have never done it

The compound is possibly adhesive for sticking the rope to vertical surfaces such as burner front plates on older boilers eg ideal 'E' type or Mexico and many others.

the rope comes in 6mm and 10mm diameter, you will need the adhesive to go with it,
BES do it in 10m packs, cant remember the price but it's not that expensive.

cheers chaps. Ah ha, that makes sense now, using the sticky tape on the vertical.

Johnny BES is where I was looking. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement of glass yarn when servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
S
Worcester Danesmoor 20/25, about 18 years old. B11 burner. We came home a few days ago to find our boiler in lockout, and not wanting to restart...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys, got to service the above boiler soon and as I haven't done one before just thought I'd ask a few questions. Regarding removing the fan...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Back