Discuss Replacement Boiler Queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rautospoon

I have an 18 year old Ideal Classic NF40 boiler installed in my bungalow from new. It is located in the loft, being moved up from the garage directly below when I converted it. The loft is well boarded with lighting, ready access to the boiler and a handrail and the boiler has been serviced annually and (touch wood !) seems to work fine.

1. If / when I ever needed to replace it, could members recommend what they consider to be the best and most reliable current make and model of boiler (NOT a combi) on the market ? I would very much prefer "basic, sold and reliaable" rather than "all singing and dancing" !

2. Any advice regarding the condensate pipe ? All the foul drainage pipework is located at the opposite end of the bungalow, although there is a surface water plastic down pipe about 6 feet away from the flue. Would any down pipe used need insulating / heating as well as the condensate pipe itself ?

Any advice, views, opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Classic's are simple reliable boilers. I'd keep it until it rots. It will last longer and give you less trouble than any new condensing boiler.

Classic's are simple reliable boilers. I'd keep it until it rots. It will last longer and give you less trouble than any new condensing boiler.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I am very well aware of the excellent reputation of this boiler and the ready availability of most spare parts for it on the interenet and I have no desire whatsoever to replace it ! I have an "enquiring mind" and am merely "thinking ahead" and would be (generally) interested to hear experienced members opinions on the 2 questions I have posed.
Cheers.

best to look when you need it, how far forward are you looking? years?
boiler design keeps changing to be efficient and competitive
decide on a budget, you tend to get a better appliance at a higher price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replacement Boiler Queries in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock