Search the forum,

Discuss Received a quotation for a Worcester 25Si..Is this about right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vanillalatte

Hello,

Hope to get some feedback from all experienced plumbers or homeowners in this forum. I want to replace my boiler and I was recommended a Worcester boiler, with about 3.5m flues required. It will be a 2 days job. I was quoted an all in price for about £2.5-3k. Not sure if it includes VAT..If not, is that too expensive? Is this quotation a fair one if it includes VAT?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Why not start a thread in the 'looking for a plumber' section
you can then compare the quotes.

What area are you in? What kind of property? That will make a difference.

lots of things to factor in really. Easy it a straight swop? Or heat only boiler to combi. Are controls up to the regs. is it being power flushed or chemical flush. Just a couple there

It's a combi boiler, a mechanical clock included, he said he will have to power flush it. Also, he will throw in the limescale reducer and the other is something that traps or releases bad carbon monoxide(?)? He said the flues are expensive and boiler alone costs around £1k?

Why not start a thread in the 'looking for a plumber' section
you can then compare the quotes.

Hi, post in this section and get someone around to provide a quote. You cannot get a meaning quote via the internet without someone looking at what is required.

You need to see a job to be able to quote it accurately. Get about 3 quotes and you will find out how much it will cost.

Very roughly in London it could cost you about that to replace a boiler, not an unreasonable figure.
But the only way to be sure is getting a few quotes, as others have said.

Ok I will do it for £5K inc VAT..................as long as you supply the worcester boiler and other relevant materials:24:

For London it doesn't sound a bad price, but like everyone says, and i used to say to my customers, at least get a couple of quotes cause different engineers will have different ideas regarding your requirements

If you feel you have to come here to ask a question like that, then your expectations may be unrealistic or you're not comfortable with the guy. either way get some more quotes. Sometimes the public are unaware of just what they are paying for and like you say, the boiler is over a grand. We're not really aware of the practicalities or difficulties of your particular job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Received a quotation for a Worcester 25Si..Is this about right? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock