Discuss Re-usuable or not? Pushfit fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Yep, you can usually mix push-fit plastic fittings with copper pipe and vica versa although I'm not sure if there is any significant advantage with one over the other.

If I really have to use push fit I do like using tectite with copper pipe but that's more to do with the aesthetic as plastic fittings used with copper pipe frankly look shonky (they aren't ) DIY and unprofessional. Lengthy warranties though can be found with all reputable brands.

Ok. I'm intrigued. Can someone please detail why the Tectite are superior?
Thanks as always

I'm not entirely sure how I would have completed this latest project without the help of people on this forum.
It is much appreciated
Special mention to Shauncorbs and king of Pipes. You have both been very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer my many many questions over these last months
They are made with the best materials throughly tested and a very versatile product always have a few on the van for difficult situations , probably a bit over kill for your job in all honesty you have plastic push fit kite marked so stick with them please don't rely on flexible
connections to showers these can and do fail over time so need to be visible . I wouldn't reuse fittings o rings , the grab rings can be damaged . Regards Kop

Attachments

• 58191748_Tectite_Databook_A6.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
As Kopp has said tectite classic are excellent fittings installed literally thousands. We have done a number of large restaurants where tectite metal tube and classic fittings are specified never had a problem.
Also handy for that odd time on copper where you just can't get press gun in!

As Kopp has said tectite classic are excellent fittings installed literally thousands. We have done a number of large restaurants where tectite metal tube and classic fittings are specified never had a problem.
Also handy for that odd time on copper where you just can't get press gun in!
Same here bud I did some ASK resurants and used tectite classic in all the toilet areas all sensor tap and auto flush work so built up on ply boards then fitted in timber carcassing worked really well , crimp everywhere else . Kop

Reply to Re-usuable or not? Pushfit fittings in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
How safe are flexi pipes my toilet cistern has one it was changed about a year ago when the toilet was removed for some work to the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a shower tower fitted and my flexi pipes (500mm) are about 7cm short of where they need to be to fit onto the mixing valve in the back...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock