Discuss Ravenheat combi , luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

makumgav

Hi All, hope some one can help before the snow falls .....
i have a Ravenheat combi not sure of the model , looked all over it but no numbers etc, its about 7/8 yrs old and all of a sudden the water is intermittently hot then cold ,te CH s fine, i can run the water one day and its red hot next freezing cold ....
i turned the water control right up tonight and turned the CH off and i got hot water , the boiler gas flares up when i turn the water on but its still luke warm, the water is primed at 2b, if i run the tap slow it makes no difference, i cannot find any summer/winter switch which iv read about, any ideas
Cheers Gav

Hi Gav & :welcome:

Sounds like obvious issues with hot water temp control:) Alas not necessarily a straight forward remedy!

Could be simple as a sensor or as complex as flow restrictions... Best bet is to get someone to have a look at it B4 it fails all together :IMO

Post a request on the "In need a plumber/gas engineer" Forum with some basic area and look out for a PM :)

Hi mate seem to me secondary heat exchanger must be sludge built up.Need to be replaced or cleaned up.

You could have thermistor,heat exchanger ..problem. Same advice as diamondgas, you can't do anything, you need engineer to look at it. Post a request and anywhere close will answer.

thanks for that lads , doesn't sound like a quick fix , got a lad in the village who works on combis etc , will just ask him to take a look ,
thanks again and will post the remedy when sorted , Cheers Gav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat combi , luke warm water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock