Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Range cooker back boiler removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

virgil

Hi gents,

Any tips on removing a hot water only back boiler from a twin coil open vented cylinder?

First job will be to confirm which is boiler and which is 'Aga' pipework...

Cooker coming out this weekend...any hints or tips??

Heinous sin removing an aga imho, they last longer than any modern boiler and probably any solar panel so co footprint minimal!

Thanks, but

A) It's not an Aga it's a Nobel and hey don't make spares for it any more, so it's obsolete
B) It's rubbish at cooking anything more than for 2 people, and as we regularly cater for 10 plus, we need a decent oven.
C) It looks like it belongs in a cottage (because that's where all Aga type things belong)
D) How can heating my kitchen at 3am provide a minimal footprint?
E) My DHW is hot enough to melt steel, let alone take the skin off a hand
F) Why should my wife have to adjust her recipes to an oven that only does hot or warm and then Hot becomes warm until it eventually becomes hot again.....eventually...
G) I could go on, but suffice to say that it's going....

:)

you mentioned AGA, but each to their own, parts for nobels available by the way its who you ask. My AGA is obsolete as well being as it was built in 1954, but its running as good now as it did then, and its how you use them, cooked xmas turkey for 19 this year, no problems at all

lifeboat 092.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been a dwarf turkey to vet in one of those ovens, or did you cook it in bits?

As you say, each to their own, and at least yours isn't dark green ;-) just never have and never will be a fan. Dark ages way of cooking ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Range cooker back boiler removal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock