Search the forum,

Discuss Rads fed with manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kannit

Hello,

I am thinking of feeding all rads on the ground floor through manifold and parallel connection.

- Manifold will get supply from 22mm pipes
- Hep2O/Speedfit 15mm pipes from manifold will run in continuous length (under the screeded floor) to each radiator
- Return 15mm pipe from each rad will also run in continuous length back to manifold

Reason for this approach - totally avoid any joint under the screeded floor

Is this a sound design?

P.S. - Work will be carried out by a plumber, not myself. But I just want to ensure that there are no joints under the screeded floor.

Hello i have just started fitting full heating systems like this and they work very well, i will probably never fit a flow and return system again.

We have started to this on new build properties with the exception of an elbow under the radiator both sides to allow for copper tails, you also need to put the plastic pipe inside another pipe (conduit)so in future if there is a problem with the pipe it can be stripped back and replaced with ease and little disruption to the floor.

- Plumbcenter do the conduit (as do other merchants)

- We use Emmeti manifolds and have never had a problem with them.

Ask your plumber as he will have his own preferred system.

We have started to this on new build properties with the exception of an elbow under the radiator both sides to allow for copper tails, you also need to put the plastic pipe inside another pipe (conduit)so in future if there is a problem with the pipe it can be stripped back and replaced with ease and little disruption to the floor.

- Plumbcenter do the conduit (as do other merchants)

- We use Emmeti manifolds and have never had a problem with them.

Ask your plumber as he will have his own preferred system.

Thanks for amazing response.

What kind of joint from copper tail to plastic is better in this design - compression or pushfit? I think the joint will be under the screed where copper tail ends?

Also can please specify which kind of Emmeti manifold can be used? We have TRV at rads and do not intend to use manifold with TRV, just so that both TRV do not conflict with each other.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is an old way of installing and was heavily used with micro bore systems I personally find this a good way to install. A system

Emetti manifold he may be talking about the underfloor manifolds so you would only need elbows at the radiator end

Emetti manifold he may be talking about the underfloor manifolds so you would only need elbows at the radiator end

Well there are 2 kinds in Emmeti manifolds for wall hung radiators:

T2 Topway LS Pre-bum. Heating Manifold

This is bit sophisticated. Only thing I am unsure about this product is that the description says "The integrated electrothermic valves on the return bar allow for electrical control of each circuit with electrothermic actuators wired to room thermostats"

Does this mean that TRV is already fitted on each return line on this manifold? CanI still use the TRVs which are already fitted on the rads? If so, this product seems better.

T1 Topway WHR
This product appears to be a just a simple splitter.

It means each run is controlled by its own thermostat its for underfloor really but I suppose you could use it to treat each radiator as a zone and control with a multi channel programmer but that's just getting over technical you just need it to be simple

Get your plumber to make a manifold out of copper? Would most likely be cheaper and just as effective
I wouldn't fit a ufh manifold with the flow regulators if it's just a radiator system (an additional thing to block up over time)
Balance via lockshields as usual.

Well there are 2 kinds in Emmeti manifolds for wall hung radiators:

T2 Topway LS Pre-bum. Heating Manifold

This is bit sophisticated. Only thing I am unsure about this product is that the description says "The integrated electrothermic valves on the return bar allow for electrical control of each circuit with electrothermic actuators wired to room thermostats"

Does this mean that TRV is already fitted on each return line on this manifold? CanI still use the TRVs which are already fitted on the rads? If so, this product seems better.

T1 Topway WHR
This product appears to be a just a simple splitter.

We Use T1 Topsan Radiator/sanitary manifolds, they have a simple wheel head on both the flow and return part of the manifold so if you need to change the valves at any time you don't have tom drain the whole system.

Thanks for amazing response.

What kind of joint from copper tail to plastic is better in this design - compression or pushfit? I think the joint will be under the screed where copper tail ends?

Also can please specify which kind of Emmeti manifold can be used? We have TRV at rads and do not intend to use manifold with TRV, just so that both TRV do not conflict with each other.

Thanks

Push fit, I don't like to use compression fittings on plastic pipe (although it is allowed I just prefer not too)

We Use T1 Topsan Radiator/sanitary manifolds, they have a simple wheel head on both the flow and return part of the manifold so if you need to change the valves at any time you don't have tom drain the whole system.

Where's the best place to buy these.

Emmeti excellent, our clients tend to have larger properties and also as we use emmeti for the ufh, we then combine it with heatmiser neo controls, means that we can have room by room control for the rads as well as the ufh.

So same manifolds emmeti T2 for both ufh and rads, same controls, for connecting to the rads, emmeti have just come out with a radiator tail, so screw that straight into the rad, it has a monobloc connector on it then into an elbow, then straight onto the 16mm emetti pipe with their monobloc connector and we can hide all the pipework in / behind the drylining, or they have a copper connector for the monobloc connector so you can come off in 15mm chrome:), no pipework to see :) and no trv's or lockshields on the rads.

We do that with towel rails as well. see here: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/88884-u-floor-manifold-2.html#post864203

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rads fed with manifold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock