Discuss radiator in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hi sam,

the radiator in question is this...

Mode Hardy anthracite heated towel rail 1000 x 500

what is the required height? i could probably push the pipe down a 2" if need be... do you mean if i decide to lower them, then how will i freeze the pipes if i decide to change height? if so, the answer would be no to that. better to get it right now than regret it later. if i lower the pipes by a couple of inches, i still have 18mm plywood and tiles to go on top of floor so that will raise it another inch. i didnt want my towels dragging on the floor as i have 3 kids :)

cheers

Last edited:
No required hight mate. The point I was getting at is your going to have to freeze pipework again to pipe up towel rail? Could have saved yourself a can of freeze

should i have just connected and wall mounted radiator before i capped? the reason i left it like that was so i could tile the wall easier. what is the correct procedure for future reference?

cheers

It will be neater the way you have done it as you say you are tiling the wall first. I tend to know the dimensions and positions of where rad valves will finish so I pipe it up with rad valves attached and closed to save draining down again when fitting the towel rail. You just have to freeze it again the way you done it.

How did the freezing go anyway, did you leave it open ended for long or was it a quick turn over! I use them kits alot but still don't fully trust the guide times!

I would put a bit of felt lagging round the pipes for expansion and contraction etc

It will be neater the way you have done it as you say you are tiling the wall first. I tend to know the dimensions and positions of where rad valves will finish so I pipe it up with rad valves attached and closed to save draining down again when fitting the towel rail. You just have to freeze it again the way you done it.

How did the freezing go anyway, did you leave it open ended for long or was it a quick turn over! I use them kits alot but still don't fully trust the guide times!

doh! i shouldve put rad valves on, rookie mistake :/ will keep noted for next time :)

as for the freezing....you are perfectly right i didnt trust the times given on the can, think it was about 20-30 mins....no chance! i was lucky if i got 5 mins and i was really lucky with the first one because when i was about to put my pushfit on it start to spew lol. the second one however lasted longer, not sure how much longer but i had everything completed by then. would still use this method if im changing anything in the near future.

what i will say was the amount of sludge that came out of that old radiator...it was bad. i have old imperial radiators in my house so who knows when the last time they were checked or flushed out!

cheers

im looking to get screws for overboarding in my bathroom. any ideas best place to get them and what size i should get for a floorboards at 22mm and 18mm plywood going on top?

cheers

Reply to radiator in bathroom in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'd like to install new radiators in my home which are currently fed by copper pipe via the floor boards. I live in a bungalow and access...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock