Discuss Radiator connected to hot water cycle - not harmful? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

andrew12345

Hello!

In my flat I have central heating and hot water - all with gas boiler (with hot tank in flat + cold tank in loft).
Now I had very old radiators in dining room which almost did not heat.
I bought new large radiator and a plumber connected and closed taps of old radiators (it was hard to demosih old radiators as they go all over the length of dining room).

It was in summer and I have not used the heating since then and now, when cold weather came I discovered, that this new radiator is connected not to the heating cycle, but to the hot water cycle (i.e. kitchen/bathroom taps/shower). I.e. when I switch on water heating, this radiator also heats, and it does not heat when I switch on the flat heating.
Now for me that's all fine, as this new radiator is in dining room where noobody sleeps and we need it rearly, so I usually close the tap on it, but if I want to heat the dining room, I open the tap and swittch hot water heating. Also the shower water flux power has not changed. (I am even happy, as all other radiators in our flat are old and contain rust inside them, so the new one won't be touched by this rust).

MY QUESTION IS: is it not harmful that our hot water that we use for showering and dishwashing passes through radiator? Can radiators contain any harmful substances inside them? For example lead or any oil?
Will appretiate any help.

It's not actually the same water as what you use to have a shower it is still the same water that goes round the rest of your radiators, t is just connected to the hot water side of the boiler flow and return.

So basically when your boiler fires up and sends hot water round the coil in your cylinder to heat the water it also sends it down the radiator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiator connected to hot water cycle - not harmful? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock