Discuss Question for Alpha man on warranty. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been looking at an alpha for a customer needing a combi somewhere about 25-28kw. been pointed at 26 c intec priced at £856 inc flue. Also one says 8yr warranty then the other says no 5 yr. also what is the deal with the 28x intec. less warranty?

cheers in advance.

Im nothing to do with Alpha, just an independent engineer/ company who was an approved service agent for 12 years.

I've noticed that the X series have the 5 year warranty now, add the premier pack for another 2 years,

Im a Alpha platinum installer, and that gives my customer an addiontional 1 year warranty, that would make an 8 year warranty for my customer!

You would be best to ask your local rep!

Thanks mate. That clears things up a wee bit. So the x looks like a good price. Better or worse than c? What would you put in? Cheers. Duncan.

What's you pinion on the latest alphas alpha man ? Do they still suffer from leaks ?

Hmm, now that's a good one!!

Ive got my doubts about them, I've fitted 7 of them in the last year, 4 of them needed a manufacture visit, they are heavy to lift, seem over complicated inside compared to others,

Thanks mate. That clears things up a wee bit. So the x looks like a good price. Better or worse than c? What would you put in? Cheers. Duncan.

Id fit the X, cheaper and less to go wrong and with the same warranty as the C's

Blimey 4 out of 7 is not good! Doesn't bode well in the long term for Alpha.

Been looking at an alpha for a customer needing a combi somewhere about 25-28kw. been pointed at 26 c intec priced at £856 inc flue. Also one says 8yr warranty then the other says no 5 yr. also what is the deal with the 28x intec. less warranty?

cheers in advance.
no point going alpha no disrespect but you can buy the potterton titanium for £814 delivered with a 7 year warrenty for a 24 kw or bigger outputs for a bit more cash Combi boilers from stock at great prices - Mr Central heating

there the same boiler as a duotec 1(not the crap duotec 2) and are built better than a alpha,have no plastic parts,and quite frankly last a damn sight longer

Seems a bit over priced, you can get a 28 vaillant for for slightly less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Question for Alpha man on warranty. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Dear Forum members, Hope that you are all doing well! We are thinking of moving our existing boiler from its cupboard to a bathroom corner to...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Anyone familiar with alphas? Not worked on one before. I had one a couple of days ago that had no heating but DHW was working ok. Problem started...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov)...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock