Search the forum,

Discuss quad shower tray and enclosure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

I don't fit many showers - anyone got tips of best way to seal the enclosure to the tray and buld the enclosure- did a lewis and cook one last wk and it was awkward to assemble the panels on my own

Bead of mastic on the back of the wall bracket before you screw to the wall and only seal the outside of the enclosure with mastic after you have finished.

Make sure you have a metal drill bit to pilot drill all your holes to hold the thing together.

I hate the flat trays - I prefer the trays with an upstand but seems none have them now - seems silly to me asking for leaks relying on siicon

Hi buckley . Its not very easy on your own your right but what i do os the base and top rails i put the screws in on there own b4 attatching the panels then take the screws out do now that theyve self tapped into the base n top rail when you come to holding it the screws fly in quicker. I always lay one glass panel on carpet and screw base rail on 1 side then screw top rail on other side then stand it up and put the screws into the top rail securing the second panel at the top which only leaves the bottom 2 screws to go. An octopus would have an easier job and when siliconing i always ONLY do round the outside - verticals and base. Hope this helps mate and makes sense.

Never done a tray with brackets, what type of tray is this guys if you dont mind me asking ? Is it for securing ones on feet ? ( with you saying u like flat ones)

All I'll say is make sure the tray is perfectly level on all sides. Don't settle for less when you put the tray in. Just making sure there's a slope to the waste isn't enough. It's got to be mint. Then the enclosure is a piece of wee wee to install.

I've done it myself where I've let the tray be a touch out and ended up making up a lot of gap with silicone right in the centre of the curve of the enclosure (one with curved doors I mean)

It's all about foundations. The rest is superficial in my opinion

Definitely dont want 4 upstands. Ive ripped a few out, customers sick of all the muck and cack that sits between upstand and enclosure.

Just looked at the link and looks a terrible idea, ive never fitted one, cant uderstand why they would need an upstand, im defo with you guys on the flat ones, anyway we become the masters of neat silicone beeds , DONT USE CHEAP CRAP SILICONE,
USE CHEAP GOOD SILICONE hehe and you will get a nice neat seal,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to quad shower tray and enclosure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one ....just easy to use and reliable. The fluke 115 looks good but its above my budget. My current socket and see one was great but it's developed a fault.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock