Discuss Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
copper all day long can make a job look good hep2o for push fit polyplum is cheep and nasty

I hate it! Only use it if I have to! (Under floors when there's not enough room to tighten a compression fitting.

It has it's place, ideal for secondary returns or long runs.

just what i thought when i started using push ( would only use push fit when not on show), have seen airing cupboards done in push fit dont look to hot, not sure on compression fittings soft soldering where you can

Copper all day everyday ! Nearly all our site work was crimped copper etc and now they are starting to let you use end feed again ! Do use alot of hep for the temps etc on site and i gotta say the new stuff seems better than the old stuff ! I prefer the johnguest stop ends if its just to blank off first fix ! But you find that people will take the speedfit stop ends off the pipework so when you do come to pressure test you walk round to see your stop ends gone ! So i use hep stop enda now as you need the tool to remove them ! Saying that i sprayed 2 bags of speedfit stop ends one bag blue one bag red and everybody asks whats so special with them i tell them there a special pressure test fitting and funnily enough nobodys robbed them !

Use it rarely, it has its uses but I am an old fasioned copper man myself, seen too many floods even when installed and pressure tested exactly as manufacturer asks for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In the photo there is a grey 32mm push fit elbow between the sink trap and down pipe. I want to replace the elbow with a "male" push fit tee...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to replace a motorhome tap and have come across these push fittings which don't seem to have any movement to enable uncoupling...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to find an alternative flush valve to fit the cradle of a ideal standard push btn flush. It is all tiled in and changing to a...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyone advise how the copper push fit connectors work? Is it a matter of just pushing in the pipe until it goes in as far as it can and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock