Discuss Push fit Vs end feed solder.......?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks guys, all makes good sense to me
just to be sure then i could push fit plastic under floor and a short copper piece to rad on show

i suppose copper push fit on show is the cleanest and best astheticly

thanks guys, all makes good sense to me
just to be sure then i could push fit plastic under floor and a short copper piece to rad on show

i suppose copper push fit on show is the cleanest and best astheticly

Copper all day long... Push fit is handy in some situations but as previously said doesn't look good.

Seems wrong to use push fit on an all copper, decent job in a house.
Solder fittings are usually easy to a pro, providing no trouble with water.
If you are using end feed, you will need to be good at soldering.

End feed for me, I do however use a bit of everything as and when I need to. If your not too up for soldering, use solder ring fittings. Most people add solder to them but its not really needed. As I have said before and most might agree, pushfit is genius but they can leak, I've had my share. O rings become hard with heat in time. But I do use them on heating systems that being said. It's a competitive market and although I aim for quality, pushfit below floor etc is quick. I use manifolds meaning there are few fittings to leak, if I can't have one pipe running all the way to a radiator then its copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit Vs end feed solder.......?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
When using solder ring fittings is it important to have one end of the pipe open to allow pressure and fumes to escape? I had a terrible job...
Replies
Views
Hi I've had to cut hot and cold feed to re route for bathroom feeds. The 22mm Copper pipe hot feed is slightly smaller then my 22mm Copper...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a leaking push fit flexi tap connector under the bath with a compression fitting flexi. The problem is that the old pipe seems...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock