Search the forum,

Discuss Push fit Vs end feed solder.......?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve6710

i have a couple of little jobs..........(moving 2 rads and fitting new outside tap)

a lot of people say push fit is the way to go. i dont mind having a go at soldering and have aquired the tools to do it.
if i paid a half decent plumber to do the jobs what should i expect to see them using?

are there any benefits apart from obvious easier to put on a push fit than solder? which is best by modern standards???

End feed has been around for longer than I have been alive and doesn't fail

Plastic looks awful. Quick to install but not anyone's cup of tea

If you pay a plumber and your paying well. Only see copper !

What your plumber decides to use is a personal thing for them. Some very experienced guys will use plastic but others will use copper. It just depends on how they feel. There is nothing wrong with either method but for aesthetics copper is the only way.
All this is irrelevant tho as you are going to do it yourself so do it whatever way you want. It is you who has to look at it.

moving 2 rads and fitting outside tap is generally not that much of a small job, will probably take you a full day, a professional half a day. For a professional to supply and fit these your looking at few hundred pound.

when you fit an outside tap you should fit a service valve, check valve, and drain cock so you can drain down in winter

when you fit an outside tap you should fit a service valve, check valve, and drain cock so you can drain down in winter

This is a must these days considering the recent winters, excluding this one of course.

I used a heating filling loop to give an isolation and drain off facility in my friends house after their outside tap burst last yr. worked a treat

Yep, should be a double check valve as per water regs but the tutor has said in reality usually only a single ever fitted.

Good luck.

Yep, should be a double check valve as per water regs but the tutor has said in reality usually only a single ever fitted.

Good luck.

Some tutor, recommending non compliance with the water regs! I always fit a DC valve to an outside tap.

thanks guys, all makes good sense to me
just to be sure then i could push fit plastic under floor and a short copper piece to rad on show

i suppose copper push fit on show is the cleanest and best astheticly

thanks guys, all makes good sense to me
just to be sure then i could push fit plastic under floor and a short copper piece to rad on show

i suppose copper push fit on show is the cleanest and best astheticly

Copper all day long... Push fit is handy in some situations but as previously said doesn't look good.

Seems wrong to use push fit on an all copper, decent job in a house.
Solder fittings are usually easy to a pro, providing no trouble with water.
If you are using end feed, you will need to be good at soldering.

End feed for me, I do however use a bit of everything as and when I need to. If your not too up for soldering, use solder ring fittings. Most people add solder to them but its not really needed. As I have said before and most might agree, pushfit is genius but they can leak, I've had my share. O rings become hard with heat in time. But I do use them on heating systems that being said. It's a competitive market and although I aim for quality, pushfit below floor etc is quick. I use manifolds meaning there are few fittings to leak, if I can't have one pipe running all the way to a radiator then its copper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Push fit Vs end feed solder.......?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock