Discuss PRV discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a problem with contract works the contractor makes it up as they go along at times.

Different to unvented discharge pipes I know. But, last time I spoke to Santon they told me they were only allowed to give advice on D1 (up to the tundish) pipework, they then said building control in every local authority has different ideas on how they like PRV's to terminate. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Not allowed on my local contracts, must be ran direct to externall. This then determines where we are allowed to fit the boiler. Does cause us problems at times.

go back to basics on your design, it is possible to fit an additional external prv in a suitable position, allowing a wee bit of flexibility on boiler position

on most of the local contracting work i have done the boiler position is decided by the landlord/clerk of works before you even walk through the door and you have to just do the best you can. For example Wolverhampton Counsil tend to go for vertical flue, boiler in the A/C every single time to avoid plume problems. Even in A/C's with external walls.

I used to do the surveying for previous contarcts, hence the reason I said the PRV determines where the boiler goes. As do the flue and condense etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi - I have a Telford's Tristar Thermal store with a Caleffi 533..h PRV set to 3 bar. The PRV doesn't appear to be drop tight, so static rises...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock