Search the forum,

Discuss PRV discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerr Gas 1

Hi,

Im fitting a 28I junior tomorrow, my problem is it could be difficult to run the discharge pipework from the PRV to outside i was wondering if it is ok to run it into internall drainage. any advice will be apprechiated

sorry it's waste pipe, currently being used for a wash machine but im planning on using it for condi and hopefully the prv discharge. i was hoping if i installed a tundish this would be satisfactory, any ideas

its gravity fed at the moment, back boiler with indirect cylinder. usually id use the cylinder drain to connect my prv but on this system it doesnt run straight outside.

I have installed hundreds internal into hep v/o trap and have been inspected by gas safe and building cony=trol and never been pulled for it as long as you either have a tundish or air gap to see it blowing off

I have installed hundreds internal into hep v/o trap and have been inspected by gas safe and building cony=trol and never been pulled for it as long as you either have a tundish or air gap to see it blowing off

is that on new build jobs ?

In the past ive put he prv on a rad tail then discharged it outside in usual way, obviously choose rad on external wall

Not allowed on my local contracts, must be ran direct to externall. This then determines where we are allowed to fit the boiler. Does cause us problems at times.

Thats a problem with contract works the contractor makes it up as they go along at times.

Different to unvented discharge pipes I know. But, last time I spoke to Santon they told me they were only allowed to give advice on D1 (up to the tundish) pipework, they then said building control in every local authority has different ideas on how they like PRV's to terminate. Might be worth giving them a ring.

Not allowed on my local contracts, must be ran direct to externall. This then determines where we are allowed to fit the boiler. Does cause us problems at times.

go back to basics on your design, it is possible to fit an additional external prv in a suitable position, allowing a wee bit of flexibility on boiler position

on most of the local contracting work i have done the boiler position is decided by the landlord/clerk of works before you even walk through the door and you have to just do the best you can. For example Wolverhampton Counsil tend to go for vertical flue, boiler in the A/C every single time to avoid plume problems. Even in A/C's with external walls.

I used to do the surveying for previous contarcts, hence the reason I said the PRV determines where the boiler goes. As do the flue and condense etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to PRV discharge pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock