Discuss Pricing tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to grab some comparisons off anyone here if you'd be so kind. I've been contacted by a friend of a friend who's a developer and they want me to commission to vaillant 637 boilers and an unvented cylinder on a large domestic property. Debating wether or not to charge a day rate or go for more dosh. I work in london so day rate is usually £200 (gasp from rest of the country). Want to charge more as to a certain degree I'm attaching my name to work I haven't done.. Even though I will obviously go over everything with a fine tooth Combe I still feel like I carry a degree of risk.
anyone in the london area got any comparisons on what they'd charge?

thanks

Stupid enough to get a unqualified to fit it charge stupid money to commission it 500+ is London after all. Plus you must be well cheap at 200 a day in London

Gasp no not really £200.00 thats way too cheap. tis not allowed to commision other peoples work, so if i was gonna do i would be charging 500 quid as a minimum

Hi Fireboy,

Alarm bells are ringing.

1/ Friend of a friend..

2/ Who is a Developer.........

Very suspicious ... why doesn't the installer commission.?

Personally, I would not go near the installation.

Your not good enough to do the install but good enough to sign it off , Take a tip never put your name to someone else's work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pricing tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock