Discuss pressurized hot water cylinder making a noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

big craw

hi

my hot waters cylinder (pressurized) has started making a noise when my washing machine is spinning,it sounds like the cylinder is contracting and then expanding.as if someone is pushing it in then letting go.I have reasonable plumbing knowledge but not on pressurized cylinders,,what i dont understand is that it only does it when machine is spinning!i would expect things to happen when machine filling for wash or spin.it is as if something drawing air out then letting it back in but dont know why it is happening.can anyone shed any light on it.please:confused:

Well you have just described the exact sound the washing machine makes on spin ,when pump on pumping out the last of the water,sound travels and I think this is what is happening
omho

thanks for your prompt reply,next question why would it only start now cylinder is 3 years old (new House) never happened up until about a month ago.is it possible a check valve needing repace (faulty and letting air/water back through) or possible washing machine faulty.any ideas.cheers

Is washing machine plumbed to just cold or hot too? When did you last re-establish the expansion air gap? Has any water dripped at the tundish?

Try cleaning washing machine filter out,maybe putting strain on pump.as you say, no water is entering the machine when it is on spin only exiting,think machine not cylinder

now if you will excuss me just got a load of whites to do on 60' cold wash :p

imho

Cold connection only on most modern W/M as they have an integral element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressurized hot water cylinder making a noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock