Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richardtheplumb

Hi guys need some advice please on where I can hire a power flush unit "that's if they can be hired" and if so roughly how much would they cost, and also how difficult are they to get to grips with. I said I wouldn't go down this road but I have a couple of customers who need this done and I'm thinking of giving it a go

You can hire from most hire shops. Diy is not as hard as it looks but kep in mind, when hard water is heated, calcium and magnesium contained in the water can build up a limescale in the central heating system, especially in boiler's heat exchanger. This creates an insulating layer, reducing heat transfer to the water and reducing efficiency of the boiler. A 1 mm layer of limescale will cause a 7% increase in energy input to the boiler to meet the same heat demand, so more gas is burned and fuel bills are much higher. Limescale can also restrict or block water passageway in the central heating system (especially in boiler heat exchanger) affecting water flow rate and reducing water temperature. That is not o straight forward to remove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flush in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
I get orange spots when washing clothes. Please see photo. I think it is rust. I’ve checked there’s no metal in the machine. I have also run a long wash with lemon juice. Neither have solved it. I read power flushing is the answer to rust elsewhere in the system. How can I tell...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Hi i bought the house that Jack built and ohh has the heating been left to spoil. Prior to moving in 2 new firebird boilers were fitted, silver utility 35. The system is in dire need of a power flush and I intend on using FX2 to do the job. Can anyone advise if FX2 is ok with this boiler model ?
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, I have a viessmann vitoden 100 w boiler and we have had a three hour power cut this afternoon/ evening. The boiler switches on and the temp just goes down and then flashes up 0c. From what I can see this error code means blocked burner? The oven also will not ignite. I have tried to...
Replies
Views
Abbie S
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock